Guidelines for Reviews
Try and Review wants your voice to be heard! The Try and Review community allows users to contribute different types of content including reviews, tips, photos, and videos. To ensure that only authentic, transparent, and valuable content is available to our users, we apply the same standards of review for all content:
- We require email verification from an active email address or a valid social media account for each user submitting content.
- We believe that everyone has a right to voice their opinion and be heard without fear of retribution, as long as the review adheres to our guidelines below.
- As a neutral reviews platform, we do not assess the merit of the opinions expressed on our site, and we do not fact-check content.
- We do not endorse any of the opinions expressed by reviewers or by brands in response to reviews.
- We do not edit or revise the text of reviews or comments submitted on our site, no matter how minor.
- We never filter or delete content because it is negatively rated.
To maintain a safe and friendly platform, we’ve put together these general guidelines. Each review undergoes evaluation and if the content does not meet our standards, the review will not be published.
- Inappropriate Language, Violent or Hateful Speech. If the review content contains profane or obscene language, or is harassing, discriminatory, or threatening.
- Spam Content. If the review contains URL(s) or is SPAM, nonsensical, or self-promoting.
- Invalid Reviewer. If the reviewer is identified as fraudulent, such as a brand writing reviews on behalf of a customer, or a reviewer paid to write fake reviews.
- Comprehensibility. Please make sure you contribute content that is helpful, descriptive, and clear. Let’s keep the site useful for all users involved.
- Relevance. Beyond submitting a review that is comprehensible, you should include opinions, photos, or videos that are relevant and appropriate to the product. If the review does not address the core of the consumer experience, we will not publish the review. For some tips on how to write a review, click here.
- Low Character Count. There is no limit of the length of the review, but we enforce that every submitted review be at least 100 characters. Instead of just saying that you like the product, please explain why.
- Duplicate Reviews. Don’t copy and paste content from other sites or users. Please write your own reviews and take your own photos and videos.
- Privacy. Be careful not to publicize other people’s private information. This includes photos or videos without their permission and people’s full names or contact information.
A review that does not pass our standards is given a deeper look by management or disabled. Reviewers that breach our guidelines repeatedly, attempt to abuse our platform, or are determined as spammers may have all of their reviews disabled, their account suspended or terminated, and may be subject to penalties, up to and including legal penalties.
We encourage anyone who suspects that our Guidelines are being violated in any way to notify us. We investigate concerns thoroughly and take any appropriate actions as a consequence.
At Try and Review, we promote authentic reviews because we want to help consumers make the best buying decisions. Whether your experience was positive or poor, we encourage members to exercise complete honesty.